Ingredients2½ cups (625 ml) salt-reduced fish stock
1 cup (200 g) jasmine rice (Thai fragrant rice
)1 tablespoon sunflower oil
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
5 spring onions (scallions), thinly sliced
4 cups (250 g) small broccoli florets
12 raw tiger prawns (uncooked large shrimp), peeled and deveined
freshly squeezed juice of 1 lime
1 teaspoon fish sauce
3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
⅓ cup (80 ml) low-fat coconut milk
lime wedges, to serve
curls of toasted fresh coconut (optional), to serve
- Put the stock in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add the rice, reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10–12 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger and spring onions, and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes, or until just tender.
- Add the prawns to the pan and stir-fry for 2–3 minutes, or until the prawns start to turn pink.
- Add the lime juice and fish sauce and stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add the coriander and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add the coconut milk to the rice and mix well to combine.
- Divide the rice among serving bowls, top with the stir-fried prawns and garnish with curls of coconut, if using, and lime wedges.
- Serve immediately.
Each serving provides1597 kJ, 382 kcal, 20 g protein, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 45 g carbohydrate (3 g sugars), 2 g fibre, 660 mg sodium.