- 4 s mall skinless turkey breast steaks, about 125 g each
- 1½ tablespoons (30 g) butter
- 4 large French shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 400 g green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- Put the turkey steaks between sheets of plastic wrap and pound them to flatten to about 5 mm thickness.
- Set these escalopes aside.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan, add the shallots and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until softened but not brown.
- Remove the shallots from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Put the turkey escalopes in the pan, in one layer, and fry them for 2–3 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, cook the beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 3–4 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain and rinse briefly in cold water to stop the cooking.
- Keep the beans warm.
- Mix the honey with the zest and juice of the orange and lemon.
- Remove the turkey escalopes from the pan and keep hot.
- Pour the honey mixture into the pan, return the shallots and garlic, and add seasoning to taste.
- Bring to the boil and bubble for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Make a pile of beans on 4 plates and place a turkey escalope on top of each pile.
- Spoon over the sliced shallots and pan juices, and serve.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: about 15 minutes