- ½ cup (50 g) pecans, coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon caraway seeds
- 300 g cold roast turkey meat, without skin, diced
- 2⅔ cups (200 g) finely shredded red cabbage
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- ¼ cup (30 g) sultanas or raisins
- Cranberry dressing
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Put all the ingredients for the dressing into a salad bowl and whisk together until well blended and starting to emulsify.
- Place the pecans and caraway seeds in a small, dry frying pan and toast over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for 3–5 minutes or until the pecans are golden and you can smell the nutty fragrance.
- Tip into a clean bowl and leave to cool slightly.
- Put the turkey, red cabbage, celery and carrot into the bowl with the dressing.
- Add the toasted pecans and caraway seeds and the sultanas or raisins, and mix until all the ingredients are well coated with the dressing.
- Serve immediately.