Ingredients1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced
1 large zucchini, diced
150 g green beans, cut into short lengths
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1.25 litres vegetable stock
250 g tomatoes, chopped
85 g vermicelli, broken into small pieces
2 tablespoons pesto
(optional) ⅓ cup (35 g) freshly grated parmesan
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the leek, zucchini, beans and garlic and fry over a moderately high heat for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables are softened and beginning to turn brown.
- Pour in the stock.
- Stir in the tomatoes and add freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and cover the pan.
- Simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, but still holding their shape.
- Stir in the vermicelli
- . Cover the pan again and simmer for a further 5 minutes or until the pasta is al dente
- .Ladle the soup into bowls and add 1½ teaspoons pesto to each.
- Stir, then serve, offering the parmesan separately to stir into the soup.
Each serving provides 1005 kJ, 240 kcal, 12 g protein, 12 g fat (4.5 g saturated fat), 20.5 g carbohydrate (4 g sugars), 3 g fibre