- 500 g ripe tomatoes, sliced
- pinch of caster sugar, or to taste
- 1 lemon
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- sprigs of fresh mint to garnish
- Place the tomatoes in a large shallow dish and sprinkle with the sugar.
- Cut the lemon in half lengthwise.
- Set one half aside, then cut the other half lengthwise into 4 wedges.
- Holding the wedges firmly together on a board, skin side up, thinly slice them across, including the peel.
- Discard the pips.
- Arrange the pieces of thinly sliced lemon over the top of the tomatoes, then sprinkle with the spring onions, coriander and mint.
- Squeeze the juice from the remaining lemon half and sprinkle it over the salad.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Garnish with sprigs of mint just before serving.