- 2 small carrots, diagonally sliced
- 85 g (3 oz) green beans, trimmed
- 125 g (4 oz) Chinese cabbage, cut into wedges
- 2 small boiling (waxy) potatoes, such as desiree, scrubbed and cut into quarters
- 50 g (1 3/4 oz) bean sprouts, trimmed
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- Peanut sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons kecap manis
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add the carrots and cook for 4 minutes, until just tender. Using a slotted spoon, remove the carrots and refresh under cold water.
- Blanch the beans and Chinese cabbage in the boiling water for 2 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon and refresh under cold running water or in a bowl of cold water. Add the potatoes to the boiling water. Cook for 8 minutes, until tender, then drain.
- Meanwhile, make the peanut sauce. Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until softened. Stir in peanut butter, coconut milk and kecap manis. Cook, stirring, for a further 2–3 minutes, or until thickened.
- Arrange the vegetables, bean sprouts and eggs on a serving plate. Serve drizzled with the peanut sauce.