- 1 small pumpkin, about 1.6 kg, peeled, seeded and cubed, or 1 kg prepared pumpkin flesh, cubed
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (10 g) chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Lay a large sheet of foil on a baking tray.
- Pile the pumpkin and onions in the middle of the foil.
- Alternatively, prepare 4 sheets of foil and cook the pumpkin in individual parcels.
- Scatter the garlic and sage over the pumpkin, then drizzle the oil over and add seasoning to taste.
- Fold up the foil to enclose the pumpkin, then fold the edges together to tightly seal the vegetables inside a neat parcel.
- Bake the pumpkin parcel or parcels for 30 minutes, then open the foil and bake for a further 5 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender and beginning to brown.
- Serve hot.
Preparation: 20-25 minutes
Cooking: 35 minutes