Ingredients200 g (7 oz) wok-ready hokkien (egg) noodles
2 teaspoons sesame oil
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
5 spring onions (scallions), chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 long green chilli, seeded and chopped
4 cups (250 g) mixed frozen stir-fry vegetables
1¼ cups (310 ml) salt-reduced vegetable stock
1⅔ cups (150 g) sliced button mushrooms
1⅔ cups (150 g) bean sprouts, trimmed
300 g (10 oz) raw prawns (uncooked shrimp), peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
3 eggs, beaten
- Add the spring onions, garlic, chilli and mixed vegetables and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, then add the mushrooms and sprouts and cook for 2–3 minutes, or until the vegetables are just cooked and most of the stock is absorbed.
- Add the prawns to the pan, stir in the soy sauce and cook for 3 minutes, or until the prawns start to turn pink.
- Add the noodles and toss to combine until heated through.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining vegetable oil in a small frying pan.
- Season the eggs with salt and black pepper and stir gently until the eggs have set into large, soft curds.
- Mix into the noodles and serve immediately.
Each serving provides 2148 kJ, 513 kcal, 32 g protein, 22 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 43 g carbohydrate (1 g sugars), 1 g fibre, 175 mg sodium.