- 250 g (8 oz) dried wholemeal (wholewheat) noodles
- ⅓ cup (10 g) fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 2 tablespoons salt–reduced peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons salt–reduced soy sauce
- 2½ teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 carrots, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper), halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 large celery stalk, thinly sliced
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions.
- Drain well and set aside, reserving ½ cup (125 ml) of the cooking liquid.
- Combine the coriander, peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic and cayenne pepper in a food processor or blender and process until well combined and smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Whisk the reserved cooking liquid into the peanut mixture.
- Add the noodles, carrots, capsicum and celery and toss well to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve the noodle salad chilled.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes, plus 1 hour chilling