- 1 kg thick beef sausages, separated
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1?2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, halved then sliced
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1 tablespoon sultanas (optional)
- 3?4 cup (185 ml) beef stock
- 1 small apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornflour, mixed to a smooth paste with 1 tablespoon water
- Place the sausages in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and add the vinegar. Place over medium heat and bring slowly to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, simmer for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the butter and melt until foamy, then add the sausages and fry for 2 minutes, or until golden, turning often. Push the sausages to one side of the pan. Add the onion, curry powder, apple and sultanas, if using, and saute for 1–2 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the stock and bring to the boil, then gently stir the sausages to coat with the sauce.
- Stir the cornflour paste through the sauce and cook for 3 minutes, or until it boils and thickens. Serve hot, with steamed white rice.