- 1 can lychees in syrup, about 425 g
- 3 pieces glacé ginger, cut into fine strips, plus 2 tablespoons syrup from the jar
- grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 oranges
- 200 g black grapes, halved and seeded
- 1 red apple, cored and chopped
- fine shreds of lime zest to serve
- Drain the lychees in a sieve set over a bowl.
- Discard half of the syrup that has drained into the bowl, then add the lychees.
- Stir in the glacé ginger and syrup, and the lime zest and juice.
- Working over a bowl to catch the juice, peel the oranges, removing all the bitter white pith, then cut them into segments between the membranes.
- Add the segments to the bowl.
- Squeeze the membrane and add the juice to the bowl.
- Stir in the grapes and apple and toss to mix.
- Pile the salad into small bowls to serve, decorated with shreds of lime zest.