- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small red or green capsicum, chopped
- 1 small Lebanese or other small cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 12 pitted kalamata olives
- 3 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 300 g lamb leg steaks
- 40 g mixed salad leaves
- 100 g fetta, crumbled
- 1?2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1?2 small red onion, sliced
- Cut the lamb across the grain into large cubes, about 2.5 cm. Place in a shallow glass or ceramic dish, and toss with the garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano and olive oil. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- To make the salad, combine the vegetables, salad leaves, fetta and olives in a bowl. Drizzle the oil and vinegar over and toss to coat.
- Preheat a heavy-based frying pan over high heat. Cook lamb for 2–3 minutes on each side, or until it is brown and tender.
- Serve warm, with the salad.
Preparation: 15 minutes + 15 minutes marinating
Cooking: 5 minutes