- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup (15 g) chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 4 pieces skinless salmon fillets, about 85 g each
- 2½ tablespoons low–fat natural yogurt
- 2½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 4 ciabatta rolls, about 75 g each
- mixed salad leaves, such as rocket, oak leaf lettuce, baby spinach, silverbeet and lamb's lettuce, to serve
- Mix together the lime juice, 2 tablespoons of the basil, and salt and pepper to taste in a shallow, non–metallic dish.
- Add the salmon fillets and turn them in the mixture to coat well all over.
- Cover and leave to marinate in a cool place for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the yogurt, mayonnaise, lime zest and remaining 1 tablespoon basil in a small bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill until required.
- Preheat the grill to moderate.
- Lift the salmon fillets out of the marinade and place in the foil–lined grill pan.
- Brush with a little of the marinade, then grill for 4–5 minutes on each side, or until the fish is just cooked and the flesh is beginning to flake, brushing again with the marinade after you have turned the fillets.
- Split the ciabatta rolls in half and spread the cut sides with the basil mayonnaise.
- Put a cooked salmon fillet on the bottom half of each roll and scatter over a few mixed salad leaves.
- Place the top half of each roll in place and serve immediately.
Preparation: 15 minutes, plus 30 minutes marinating
Cooking: 10 minutes