- 3 green capsicums, halved and seeded
- 500 g ripe tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried red chilli flakes (optional)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10 kalamata or other black olives, pitted and halved
- ¼ cup (15 g) finely chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup (10 g) finely chopped rocket
- 400 g conchiglie (pasta shells), or other shapes such as penne
- salt and pepper
- rocket leaves to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the grill to high and grill the capsicums, skin side up, for about 10 minutes or until blistered and blackened all over.
- Put in a plastic bag and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Peel the capsicums, then cut them into bite–sized pieces.
- Cut the tomatoes into similar–sized pieces and mix them with the capsicums.
- Add the garlic, wine vinegar, chilli flakes (if using), oil, olives, basil and rocket, and mix well.
- Set the dressing mixture aside to marinate while you cook the pasta.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 10–12 minutes, or according to the packet instructions, until al dente.
- Drain and toss with the marinated capsicum and tomato dressing.
- Garnish with rocket leaves, if liked, then serve immediately.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: about 20 minutes