- 1 eggplant, cut into 1 cm thick slices
- 1 red capsicum, quartered lengthwise and seeded
- 1 yellow capsicum, quartered lengthwise and seeded
- 4 baby zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 canned anchovy fillets, drained and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
- sprigs of fresh rosemary to garnish (optional)
- Honey mustard dressing
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Lay the eggplant slices in a single layer in a large roasting pan.
- Arrange the capsicums and zucchini around the eggplants, placing them cut sides up.
- Brush the vegetables lightly with the oil.
- Scatter the garlic, anchovies and chopped rosemary over the vegetables, and add seasoning to taste.
- Roast the vegetables for 25–30 minutes.
- Cover the vegetables with foil and roast for a further 10–15 minutes or until they are tender.
- Transfer the cooked vegetables to a large dish, layering them neatly, then drizzle the cooking juices over them.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and pour over the vegetables.
- Cover and leave to cool completely, then put the vegetable salad in the fridge to marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Remove the salad from the fridge 1 hour before serving so it can return to cool room temperature.
- Garnish with sprigs of rosemary, if you wish.
Preparation: 15 minutes, plus cooling and at least 4 hours marinating and 1 hour resting
Cooking: about 45 minutes