- 400 g fusilli (spirals) or other pasta shapes
- 1 1/2 cups (235 g) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup (50g) freshly grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup (160g) ricotta
- finely torn fresh basil or oregano
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 7 minutes. Add the peas, return the water to the boil and continue cooking for 3–5 minutes, or according to the pasta packet instructions, until the pasta is al dente and the peas are cooked.
- Meanwhile, put the parmesan into a large serving bowl, add the olive oil and beat until a thick paste forms.
- Add the ricotta and beat until well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta, reserving about 100 ml of the pasta cooking water.
- Immediately add the hot pasta to the cheese mixture and stir until the pasta is well coated with the cheese.
- Add the reserved cooking water to thin the sauce.Adjust the seasoning, if necessary, and sprinkle generously with fresh basil or oregano.
- Serve at once.