Ingredients400 g penne or other pasta shapes
500 g ripe roma tomatoes, diced
4 spring onions, finely chopped
170 g artichoke hearts from a can or jar, drained and quartered
½ cup (60 g) pitted black olives
⅓ cup (35 g) parmesan shavings to garnish
Tomato and oregano dressing
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or oil from the jar of artichokes
grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 cloves garlic, crushed
⅓ cup (10 g) chopped fresh oregano
salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 10–12 minutes, or according to the packet instructions, until al dente.
- Meanwhile, mix together the tomatoes, spring onions, artichoke hearts and olives in a large serving bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the oil with the lemon zest and juice, tomato paste, garlic, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta and add to the large serving bowl.
- Drizzle over the dressing and toss well.
- Garnish with shavings of parmesan (a swivel vegetable peeler is good for making these) and serve immediately while the pasta is still warm.
Each serving provides 2303 kJ, 550 kcal, 20 g protein, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 83 g carbohydrate (8 g sugars), 5 g fibre