- 250 g radiatori (pasta grills) or other shapes
- 1 can artichoke hearts, about 400 g, drained and quartered
- 4 ripe tomatoes, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 can cannellini beans, about 400 g, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded fresh basil
- Tomato dressing
- 2 tablespoons sun–dried tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 10–12 minutes, or according to the packet instructions, until al dente.
- Drain the pasta thoroughly and turn it into a large bowl.
- Add the artichoke hearts, tomatoes, celery, capsicum, cannellini beans and basil.
- Gently toss the pasta and vegetables together.
- The cold vegetables will cool the pasta, keeping the pieces firm and separate, while the warmth of the pasta will bring out the flavours of the vegetables.
- Whisk all the ingredients for the dressing together until thoroughly blended.
- Add seasoning to taste and pour the dressing over the salad.
- Lightly toss the salad to coat all the ingredients with dressing, then set aside until cool.
- Transfer the salad to individual bowls or one large dish to serve.
Preparation: 15-25 minutes, plus cooling
Cooking: about 10 minutes