- 8 slices of sourdough bread, cut 1 cm thick, about 300 g in total
- 1 cup (250 g) ricotta
- ½ cup (60 g) pitted green olives, chopped
- ¼ cup (15 g) chopped fresh mint
- 150 g antipasto capsicums, well drained and roughly chopped
- fresh mint leaves, to serve
- Leaf and grape salad
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 175 g mixed salad leaves, such as baby spinach, oak leaf and rocket
- ½ telegraph cucumber, sliced
- 200 g seedless red or green grapes
- First make the salad dressing.
- Put the oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste in a salad bowl and whisk to mix.
- Set the bowl aside.
- Heat a large cast–iron chargrill pan over a moderately high heat.
- Put in as many slices of bread as will fit in a single layer and toast them for about 2 minutes, or until the bases are crisp and lightly marked with ridges.
- Turn the slices over and toast on the other side.
- Remove the slices.
- Toast the remaining slices in the same way.
- Put the ricotta in a mixing bowl and add the olives and chopped mint.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine well.
- Place a few capsicum pieces on each slice of toast.
- Pile the ricotta mixture on top and garnish with mint leaves.
- Quickly whisk the dressing in the salad bowl, then add the salad leaves, sliced cucumber and grapes.
- Toss together, and serve with the bruschetta.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: about 10 minutes