- 4 pieces of salmon fillet, 150 g each
- 1 tablespoon mixed peppercorns (black, white, green and pink)
- 700 g baby new potatoes, scrubbed, and halved if large
- 170 g watercress, trimmed
- 1 mango, about 400 g
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1–2 teaspoons pink peppercorns in brine, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup (15 g) chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Check the salmon fillets for any tiny pin bones and remove them with tweezers.
- Roughly crush the peppercorns in a pestle and mortar. Press them into the flesh side of the salmon. Set aside.
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with boiling water and bring back to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10–12 minutes or until tender.
- At the same time, preheat a ridged cast-iron grill pan.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa. Stone and peel the mango, and dice the flesh.
- Put into a large bowl and mix in the spring onions, peppercorns, coriander, lime juice, oil and Tabasco sauce.
- Brush the grill pan with a little oil if necessary, then put the salmon fillets in, skin side down.
- Cook over a moderately high heat for 4 minutes. Turn them over and cook for a further 4 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
- Drain the potatoes.
- Arrange the watercress and new potatoes on 4 serving plates.
- Place the salmon on top and serve with the mango salsa.