- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup (80 g) thinly sliced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 750 g (1½ lb) asparagus, trimmed and cut into 4 cm (1½ inch) lengths
- 1 cup (155 g) fresh or frozen peas
- Toast the sesame seeds in a small non–stick frying pan over low heat, stirring frequently for about 3 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove to a plate.
- Heat the olive oil in a wok or large non–stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic, and stir–fry for about 5 minutes, or until the onion has softened.
- Add the asparagus and peas to the wok and stir–fry for a further 5 minutes, or until the asparagus is just tender and the peas are heated through.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the asparagus and peas, tossing well to combine.
- Divide among serving bowls and serve immediately.