- 250 g (8 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 250 g (8 oz) raw prawns (uncooked shrimp), peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon shaoxing rice wine
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup (60 ml) salt–reduced soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 250 g (8 oz) rice vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper), halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (60 ml) salt–reduced chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- fresh coriander (cilantro) sprigs, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
- Put the chicken, prawns, rice wine, garlic, 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce and 2 teaspoons of the ginger in a shallow glass or ceramic bowl and toss to coat the chicken and prawns.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Soak the noodles according to the packet instructions.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil in a wok or large non–stick frying pan over high heat.
- Add half of the chicken and prawn mixture and stir–fry for 2–3 minutes, or until just cooked through.
- Remove to a plate.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken mixture.
- Heat the remaining oil in the clean wok.
- Add the curry powder and stir–fry for 30 seconds, or until aromatic.
- Add the capsicum, half of the spring onions and remaining ginger, and stir–fry for 1 minute, or until the onion softens.
- Return all of the chicken mixture to the wok, add the stock and remaining soy sauce and season with sugar, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the noodles to the wok and toss well until the stock has been absorbed and the noodles are heated through.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and the remaining spring onions.
- Serve with lime wedges on the side.
Preparation: 15 minutes, plus 30 minutes marinating
Cooking: 10 minutes