Ingredients4 baguettines (mini baguettes)
2 heads of witlof, about 250 g in total
2 handfuls mustard cress
350 g skinned and boned smoked turkey breast, thinly sliced
1 large yellow capsicum, seeded and thinly sliced
2 stalks celery, cut diagonally into 4 cm pieces
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
salt and pepper
- Using a sharp bread knife, split the baguettines open along the top.
- Cut the witlof into diagonal slices about 1 cm thick.
- Snip the mustard cress using kitchen scissors.
- To make the dressing, mix together all the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble the rolls, arrange the slices of witlof and mustard cress in the base of each slit-open baguettine, then add the slices of turkey.
- Arrange the capsicum and celery slices on top of the turkey.
- Drizzle the dressing over the filling.
- Serve within 1 hour.