- 4 baking potatoes, about 300 g each
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g small open–cup mushrooms, about 5 cm in diameter
- 1 large zucchini, about 170 g, sliced
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup (10 g) chopped fresh flat–leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Push a metal skewer through each potato or push the potatoes onto a potato roasting rack.
- (Pushing a metal skewer into the potatoes helps to conduct heat through to their centres so that they cook more quickly.
- ) Place the potatoes directly on the shelf in the oven and bake for 1½ hours or until tender.
- Make the zucchini and mushroom filling when you first put the potatoes in the oven so that it has time to marinate.
- Alternatively, it can be made just before the potatoes are cooked, and served hot.
- Heat a large ridged chargrill or frying pan.
- Drizzle half the oil over the pan and cook the mushrooms and zucchini slices for 10–15 minutes or until they are well browned in places and softened and have released their juices.
- Transfer the vegetables to a bowl with all their juices and add the remaining oil, the vinegar and mustard.
- Season to taste, mix well and leave to marinate until the potatoes are cooked.
- Split open the baked potatoes, then press gently to part the halves, keeping them joined at the base.
- Stir the parsley into the marinated vegetables, then pile them into the potatoes.
- Serve immediately.
Preparation: 15-20 minutes
Cooking: 1¼ hours