- 550 g (1¼ lb) thick swordfish steaks
- 4 small red onions, quartered
- 1 large yellow capsicum (bell pepper), halved, seeded and cut into cubes
- 2 limes, each cut into 8 slices
- sweet chilli noodles, to serve
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves, to serve
- ¼ cup (60 ml) teriyaki marinade
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Soak 8 bamboo skewers in cold water for 30 minutes, to prevent them from burning during cooking.
- Lightly oil a chargrill pan or barbecue hotplate to high.
- Cut the swordfish into 24 bite–sized pieces.
- Mix together the marinade ingredients in a large bowl, add the fish and turn to coat.
- Thread the fish onto the skewers, alternating with the onion slices, capsicum and lime.
- Return the skewers to the marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, turning once.
- Cook the skewers for 8–10 minutes, turning and basting with the marinade once during cooking – the fish should still be slightly translucent in the centre.
- Serve with the sweet chilli noodles, and the coriander sprinkled on top.