- 500 g (1 lb) lean minced (ground) pork
- 4 spring onions (scallions), finely chopped
- 1½ teaspoons green curry paste
- 2 teaspoons crushed lemongrass
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons peanut or sunflower oil
- 200 g (7 oz) bok choy, chopped
- 2 cups (180 g) sliced oyster mushrooms
- 200 ml (7 fl oz) low–fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Put the minced pork, spring onions, curry paste, lemongrass and egg white into a large bowl and use your hands to thoroughly combine.
- Divide the mixture into 12 portions and mould each portion into a patty shape.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil in a wok or large non–stick frying pan and cook the patties, in batches if necessary, for about 8–10 minutes, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the wok and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in the clean wok over high heat.
- Add the bok choy and mushrooms and stir–fry for 2–3 minutes, or until the bok choy has wilted.
- Add the coconut milk and fish sauce, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- Serve the Thai pork patties with the bok choy and coconut sauce on the side, sprinkled with sesame seeds.
Serves 4 (makes 12 patties)
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes