- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g cherry tomatoes
- ⅓ cup (20 g) snipped fresh chives
- 1 cup (90 g) coarsely grated mature pecorino cheese
- 6 large eggs
- ⅓ cup (50 g) plain flour
- ¼ cup (60 g) sour cream
- 300 ml low–fat milk
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Lightly oil 4 shallow ovenproof dishes, each 12–15 cm in diameter.
- Divide the cherry tomatoes among the dishes, spreading them out, and sprinkle over the chives and three–quarters of the cheese.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk them together, then gradually whisk in the flour until smooth.
- Add the sour cream, then gradually whisk in the milk to make a thin, smooth batter.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently pour the batter over the tomatoes, dividing it evenly among the ovenproof dishes.
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and an extra grinding of pepper.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes, or until set, puffed and lightly golden.
- Remove the clafoutis from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes before serving, as the tomatoes will be very hot inside.
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: about 30 minutes