- 500 g small new potatoes
- ½ cup (60 g) walnut pieces
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh flat–leaf parsley
- sprigs of fresh flat–leaf parsley to garnish
- Walnut balsamic dressing
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (optional)
- pinch of caster sugar
- salt and pepper
- Cut any large potatoes in half.
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with boiling water and bring back to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15–20 minutes or until the potatoes are just tender.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic, if using, sugar and seasoning.
- Drain the potatoes and put them into a serving bowl.
- Add the walnuts, celery, spring onions and chopped parsley.
- Pour on the dressing and toss the ingredients together gently.
- Allow to cool slightly until just warm, then serve garnished with parsley.
Preparation: 10-20 minutes
Cooking: 20-25 minutes