- 125 g unsalted butter
- 125 g good-quality white chocolate, chopped
- 1?4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 1?2 cup (115 g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 12 white chocolate truffles such as Ferrero Raffaello
- 1 bar white chocolate
- 150 g unsalted butter, softened and diced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1?2 cups (185 g) icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 12-hole standard (1?3 cup/80 ml) muffin tin or cupcake pan with paper cases, or use silicone moulds.
- Combine the butter, chocolate and milk in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir the eggs and flour into the chocolate mixture. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases or moulds and bake for 20 minutes, or until the cakes spring back when lightly pressed.
- Cool the cakes in the tin on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then lift them out onto the rack to cool completely.
- To make the vanilla buttercream, beat the butter and vanilla until light and creamy, using an electric mixer. Gradually beat in the icing sugar and continue beating until the mixture is light and fluffy. Spread the icing over the cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with white chocolate curls. To make the curls, take a block of white chocolate at room temperature. Draw the blade of a vegetable peeler across the entire bar, pressing down firmly as you go. Lift the curls with a toothpick or skewer (using your fingers might melt the curls).
- Top with an almond coconut chocolate such as Ferrero Raffaello.