Ingredients1 tablespoon sunflower oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
3 sheets filo pastry, 30 × 50 cm (12 × 20 inches) each
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 spring onions (scallions), thinly sliced
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1 carrot, cut into fine julienne
300 g (10 oz) raw tiger prawns (uncooked large shrimp), peeled and deveined
75 g (2½ oz) snowpeas (mangetout), thinly sliced
1 bok choy, leaves separated
75 g (2½ oz) bean sprouts
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
sprigs of fresh coriander (cilantro), to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6).
- Lightly grease a 12-hole standard muffin tin.
- Mix together the sunflower and sesame oils.
- Trim the pastry sheets to make a 30 × 40 cm (12 × 16 inch) rectangle, discarding the excess pastry.
- Cut it lengthwise into three pieces, then widthwise into quarters to create thirty-six 10 cm (4 inch) squares.
- Place a square of filo pastry into the base of each muffin hole.
- Brush the oil mixture lightly over the top, then place another square of filo over the first, arranging it so the corners are not directly on top of those beneath.
- Brush with a little more oil, then place a third layer of filo on top with the corners offset.
- Bake the pastry cases for 5–7 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil mixture in a wok or large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, spring onions and ginger, and stir-fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add the carrot and stir-fry for 2 minutes, then add the prawns and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes, or until they turn pink.
- Add the snowpeas, bok choy and bean sprouts and stir-fry for 2–3 minutes, or until all the vegetables are just tender.
- Add the soy sauce and toss to combine.
- Spoon the prawn and vegetable mixture into the filo pastry cases and serve immediately, garnished with the coriander.
Each serving (3 tartlets) provides 765 kJ, 183 kcal, 18 g protein, 7 g fat (<1 g saturated fat), 10 g carbohydrate (2 g sugars), 2 g fibre, 381 mg sodium