- 300 g pasta quills or shells
- 100 g snow peas
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- finely shredded zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons dry white wine
- salt and pepper
- 400 g skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into bite–sized chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 200 g grape tomatoes, halved, or 3 roma tomatoes, each cut into 6 wedges
- ⅓ cup (40 g) pitted black olives
- 1 small bunch of fresh basil, about 20 g
- Drop the pasta into a large saucepan of boiling water.
- When the water returns to the boil, cook for 10–12 minutes, or according to the packet instructions, until al dente.
- Add the snow peas for the final minute of cooking.
- Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again well.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of the oil with the lemon zest and juice and the wine in a large salad bowl.
- Season to taste.
- Add the pasta and snow peas, and toss to coat with the dressing.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the chicken and garlic, and stir–fry over a high heat for 5–6 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned and thoroughly cooked.
- Add to the pasta.
- Scatter the tomatoes and olives over the top.
- Sprinkle with the basil, tearing larger leaves into pieces.
- Toss the salad together and serve while the chicken is still warm.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: about 20 minutes