- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small Savoy cabbage, about 300 g, finely shredded
- ½ head of Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 cups (180 g) bean sprouts, trimmed
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- salt and pepper
- Heat a small saucepan and dry–fry the sesame seeds, shaking the pan frequently, until they are just beginning to brown.
- Turn the seeds out into a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan.
- Add the onion and garlic, and stir–fry for 2–3 minutes or until softened slightly.
- Add the cabbage and Chinese cabbage and stir–fry over a fairly high heat for 2–3 minutes or until the vegetables are just beginning to soften.
- Add the bean sprouts and continue cooking for a few seconds.
- Make a space in the centre of the pan.
- Pour in the oyster sauce and 2 tablespoons of water, and stir until hot, then toss the vegetables into the sauce.
- Taste and add pepper, with salt if necessary (this will depend on the saltiness of the oyster sauce).
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with the toasted sesame seeds.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: about 10 minutes