- 400 g watermelon flesh
- 2 nectarines or peaches
- 3 1/3 cups (170 g) mixed salad leaves, including rocket and frisée
- 200 g fetta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds) or sunflower seeds
- Cut the watermelon into bite-sized chunks, removing all the seeds as you come across them.
- Halve the nectarines or peaches and remove the stones, then slice the flesh.
- Tear the salad leaves into bite-sized pieces, if necessary.
- Combine the fruit and salad leaves in a large salad bowl.
- Crumble the fetta over the salad.
- Add the oil and lemon juice and toss gently until well mixed.
- Season with plenty of black pepper, but add salt cautiously as the cheese can be very salty.
- Sprinkle over the seeds and serve.