Ingredients250 g (8 oz) dried cellophane noodles (Chinese vermicelli)
¼ cup (70 g) laksa paste
4 cups (1 litre) salt-reduced chicken stock
1 cup (250 ml) low-fat coconut milk
1 stem lemongrass, white part only, bruised
500 g (8 oz) skinless salmon fillets, cut into small chunks
500 g (8 oz) bok choy, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
3 cups (270 g) bean sprouts, trimmed
½ cup (15 g) fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
lime wedges, to serve
- Cook the noodles in a saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Put the laksa paste, stock, coconut milk and lemongrass into a large saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring to combine.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the salmon and simmer for 2–3 minutes, or until the salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Add the bok choy and lime juice and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until the bok choy has wilted.
- Divide the noodles and bean sprouts among serving bowls and pour over the soup.
- Sprinkle over the coriander and serve immediately with the lime wedges on the side for squeezing over.
Each serving provides 2360 kJ, 564 kcal, 39 g protein, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 56 g carbohydrate (7 g sugars), 3 g fibre, 717 mg sodium.